What is “Ex-proof” and why is it important?
Explosion may be triggered by any energy splash that results from mixing of air with volatilizing gases at the appropriate rates. This energy can even be a small spark or static electricity. At hazardous areas called “zones”; electric motors, panels, equipment carrying electrical energy, fire detection systems, lighting and warning equipment must be “ex-proof”.
The system, called “ex-proof”, ensures that equipment containing or transmiting energy is protected against any possibility of “Spark” according to a desired class. Insurance agencies, regulation and quality management do not allow the use of non-certified equipment in this regard.
Usage Areas of Ex-proof System
- At chemical, petrochemical and gas sectors,
- At all industrial production areas where small particulate foods or raw materials are processed,
- At factories processing powder sugar, grain silos, flour, cocoa, starch and cereal flours,
- At industrial air, where dust, gas, or rich air mixed combustible particles are present,
- Cement and mills as production method or in sectors where mills are located,
- Industrial plants producing yarn, wood chip, paint, foil / metal,
- Reactor, closed circuit production lines, tank and filling tanks.
Development and Installation of the System
In case of discovery made at risk area and precise data provided; project and calculations, design and testing are done by us. Ex-proof Protection Systems, “Gas Suppression”, “Tank Cooling” or “Ventilation” systems, triggered by detection systems, are delivered as a turnkey project.
Our Quality Difference
ATEX certified “Ex-proof” products supplied from our suppliers in Europe are imported at different types or we have electric motors used in risky areas become ex-proof. All products are certified. Assembling workmanships and designs are performed as abroad approved.